Can I change my company name after incorporation?

Yes, a company name can be changed any time after the incorporation. The same restrictions apply to the changing of a name as to registering a new name, but it is a relatively simple process if you know what to do.

To change a company name you will need to pass a special resolution in a general meeting or a special meeting of all the members. The resolution should clearly state that the company wishes to change it's name from ABCD LIMITED to WXYZ LIMITED, for example.

To record this change at Companies House form NM01 needs to be sent to Companies House for the public record. This can also be filed online at Companies House. You will then be issued with a name change certificate. Once this is issued the new company name is now in effect.

If you need any assistance completing form NM01 contact us for a competitive price for providing the service.

We are here to help you. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to call 0844 815 0909 for friendly and professional advice on changing your company name.

Return to FAQ page

Return to Company Formation home page.

Any questions or to order now - Contact us