If you have never operated or created a limited company then you may have a lot of initial questions. We have put together below a list of frequently asked questions to try and answer some of your queries. For further information and details of how we can help please choose your area of interest from the options below.
The following FAQ's have been prepared to answer the most commonly asked questions. However, you are welcome to call our free phone number 0800 328 7494 for any further information where you will be greeted by one of our friendly advisors who will gladly help you with any queries.
1) How much is a limited company formation?
2) Are there any hidden charges or extras to pay?
3) How long before I receive my certificate of incorporation?
4) Do you form limited by guarantee companies for use with a charity or other non-profit organisation?
5) Can I choose any name I want for my company?
6) I have registered a limited company, can I object to someone trading with my name?
7) How do I object to the registration of a company name that is very similar to mine?
8) Can I change my company name after incorporation?
9) Can SFS file a name change application on my behalf?
10) What about a company bank account?
11) Can SFS arrange my bank account for me, I'm a UK resident?
12) What is a registered office?
13) How do I change my current registered office to be one of your registered office addresses?
14) What is the minimum number of officers a company requires?
15) How do I notify Companies House of any changes to company officers?
16) Can anyone be a company director?
17) Have these companies traded previously?
18) I have some questions about shares and share capital?
19) What period should the accounts cover?
20) How is the accounting reference date set?
21) Can the accounting reference date be changed?
22) How long do I have to deliver accounts?
23) What about Annual Returns?
24) What happens if I don't send the information to Companies House on time?
25) Are there any exceptions for failing to return your accounts on time?
26) What if the company doesn't take-off or I no longer need it?
27) What is a Memorandum of Association?
28) What are the Articles of Association?
29) Where must the company name be displayed?
30) On which documents must the company name be shown?
31) What details must I include in my company's stationery?
32) Where can I obtain further guidance booklets?
33) Where can I obtain vat (value added tax) information?
34) Where can I obtain Inland Revenue information?
35) Can I download any Companies House forms from this website?
36) What is Form 42?
37) How do I use Companies House electronic webfiling?
38) Do I need a company secretary?
Can I speak to someone if I have a question not answered here?
Further user guides are available here - User Guides
We are here to help you. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to call 0800 328 7494 our free phone telephone number for friendly and professional assistance.
Return to Company Formation home page.
Any questions or to order now - Contact us