Every company must display its company name on the outside of every office or place in which its business is carried on - even if it is a director's home. The name must be clearly displayed and it must be both conspicuous and legible. We can provide Brass name plates for this purpose which is a popular method of displaying your name.
In addition the company needs to display its name, number, and registered office address details in several places-
Stationery and paperwork-
- all the company's business letters,
- all notices and other official publications,
- all bills of exchange, promissory notes, endorsements, cheques, orders for money or goods purporting to be signed by or on behalf of the company, and
- all bills of parcels, invoices, receipts, letters of credit.
Following the introduction of the Companies Act 2006 it is now a legal requirement to display your company's registered office address on your website. Most people will put this on their contact page. If you have a trading address that is different to the registered office address then this should be made clear to avoid any confusion for your website visitors.
In addition, the company's business letters, order forms and websites have to include further details, i.e.
- the company's place of registration and the number with which it is registered,
- the address of its registered office,
- in the case of an investment company, the fact that it is such a company, and
- in the case of a limited company exempt from the obligation to use the word "limited" as part of its name, the fact that it is a limited company should be clearly stated.
We are here to help you. Please do not hesitate to call 0844 815 0909 for friendly and professional advice on starting a company.
Return to FAQ page
Return to Company Formation home page.
Any questions or to order now - Contact us